Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Your strength, his steal, and my brains against 60 men, and you think a little head jiggle's supposed to make me happy? hmmm?

Ok. Update.
Last I wrote was Sunday... so I have about 3 days to catch up on.... No problem!

Money
I mean Monday.....
Soooooooo, yeah. Mondays are days off, basically, for everyone but Jerry. Haha. I mean... sorry Jerry. Before we shipped Jerry off to work, we all drove out to Yomiyama to figure out where the trail is at. On Saturday, Jerry, Rebekah, Robin from Sanjo and I will be climbing Yomiyama. It's a practice run. haha. In July we are planning on hiking up Mt. Fuji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right!! Wooohooo! But we decided to climb a smaller mountain to see if Rebekah, for one, can handle the whole Fuji climb and just for practice to build up some strength. Yoniyama is about one third the size of Fuji.
Anywho, after we found the trail, we drove Jerry to work at the University and then went summer clothes shopping. I didn't buy anything, but the girls needed shoes and Bekah needed shorts and stuff. I did SEE some pretty interesting clothes, though.
After supper, I went out for a walk. I was going to go to Number 1 coffee, but they were going to close soon, so I just went over to 7-11 and bought some ice cream. Mmmm.... ice cream. I was really hoping that it was going to rain on me while I was walking. It didn't. Kinda made me feel silly carrying around an umbrella. :S
It DID rain later at night though. I put on my shoes and went outside and stood in the rain. No umbrella, that would have wasted ... i dunno, something. I'm used to rain being cold, but the rain here is not really that cold. I stood outside for almost 10 minutes before I felt silly standing in the street outside the house in the rain.
I apparently locked the door on the wrong side when I came back in also. :S haha
Oh well. At least it was locked!

TUESDAY
Didn't do much Tuesday morning....I lounged about. But Laura had to go to the chiropractor this day because she had twisted her back or something. So I got to lead Laura's advanced ladies class by myself! It was fun! One lady, Tomomi, is expecting a baby in September. We talked about what she was going to name the baby, and we also talked about how the other ladies in the group, Noboko and Machiko, named their kids. I really love these ladies. They are so much fun. Machiko's oldest son's name is Dai (pronounced die). She was saying how in Japanese it means Great, but in English die means die. ahaha... they both named their kids easy names. :D
After we were done talking for the most part, we were talking about Japanese culture, and Machiko is a tea ceremony instructor. We all decided, without Laura (haha), that next week for class we would go to this tea museum. We would also get to participate in the tea ceremony. Jerry told me the cups we will be using their are really really old. I think it was either 6 generations or 6 centuries old. Either way, they're pretty old.
Machiko even taught us the basics of what we would be doing in the tea ceremony. I am WAY excited!!!
I helped Jerry out with his ECS classes today. In the first class, I helped the only student who showed up, Rae, with some flash cards. She is a very bright girl. The next class was the giggly girls class. They were doing a review of the alphabet and counting. The last class we had for the night was the intermediate class. Only Takako came to class. We talked about the difference between hope and wish. In the book the class is using, there is a dialogue that uses hope and wish. It is between a princess and a frog. Takako and I were supposed to read it. It made us laugh really hard. She was the princess and I was the frog. She started off by wishing she could meet a handsome prince and go somewhere romantic. I, the frog, chirped in that I was a handsome prince. Now that made me giggle a little, but when Takako read "Oooo, may I kiss you?" I lost it and she started laughing as well.
The advanced class was canceled because neither of the students showed up.

Wednesday..... (that's today)
I was slow going this morning too. Have been every day this week. But after I finally got up, Laura and I went to the birdie store (once again, i don't know the name. It's Ma...something something). We found a coat for Josh, since they are going to the States for Christmas. A coat might come in handy.
After the birdie store, we went to ECS. After playing around with cute little kids for the first two classes and talking with some girls for the third, we ate supper (mine included speghetti and melon ice cream.... mmmmm....) and then made hamburger patties. For the 4th of July, ECS puts on a bbq on the beach. I can't wait. I believe there are fireworks also, so I can be patriotic and light things on fire to celebrate our independance even abroad!!!
For the last class, we played a little bit of scattegories...only, we just wrote down as many ___ words we could think of. It was fun. And now here I am, blogging for the knowledge and enjoyment of YOU, my reader. :D

Prayers:
Please pray for Laura's back. She got it checked, but she was still hurting today.
Please also pray over our 4th of July BBQ coming up, that it will be a great ministering opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment