Sunday, June 21, 2009

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!




Welcome, fair maidens, to our fair village. I would like to start off this blog with an ode to a very special person, near and dear to my heart: my daddy!
I would like to say, "Thank you, daddy, for being so supportive of me and always being an encouragement. You are so sweet and loving. You are uplifting and I always enjoy talking with you....even if it takes five unanswered phone calls. ;) But it's ok, because you bought that webcam and mic just to be able to chat with me online. I love you soooo much, daddy. Thanks for always being there for me. Happy Father's Day!"


TODAY!!!!! =FATHER'S DAY!!!!



Today was a pretty fun, simple day. We went to church.... i didn't sit by Jerry this time, so I ended up writing out sounds to the hiragana that I knew in the bulletin and reading about 4-5 chapters of Genesis. I read about Joseph :). I was proud of myself, though. I kept up on most of the Japanese hymns they sang written in hiragana! Woot, Woot!


After church service, they took a church photo. Their church photo includes everyone who was at the church at the time of the photo, so I am in the church photo! It was fun because Keiko and Aki were getting me to do silly things in the pictures with them. :D
We stayed for lunch at the church and this week was bento week. A bento is basically a box lunch.... and they bought bentos for everyone. It was pretty tasty. The only thing I knew for sure that I ate was bamboo rice. haha
When we got home, we played a couple games of euchre, then me and the girls walked down to the 7-11 and the birdie shop and explored. After we got back, Laura, Kei, and I walked down to the river. On the way back, I almost stepped on a little crab. It kinda freaked me out cause all of a sudden this little rock was moving. ahaha
We had pizza and then finished off the night with some Princess Bride, which makes my title doubly relevent today. Father and Princess Bride. It fits! I actually didn't need to watch the movie. I was sitting in the back mouthing the whole thing. I've seen it enough to know all the lines in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment