Friday, June 12, 2009

Ummm.....a quick update? I'm running out of title names

OK! The past few days have been kinda... uneventful. Only a few things here and there to talk about, so I let it build til today. :P
WEDNESDAY
So, yeah. Wednesday. I basically sat in on Laura's classes and ran small errands. The final class of the night was pretty fun. The class was learning about clothing and styles and wearing. Wearing, as in the verb we Englishers (?) use for almost everything we put on from wearing a shirt to wearing contacts or glasses. We had some sort of mini fashion show where everyone got to stand up and the class had to describe what they were wearing. It was fun. Keiko, the secretary, and Aki, her friend, are in that class. I like hanging out with them, so I like being in that class.
THURSDAY
Not much for most of the day. It was a lazy day for me. Though, I did get Laura and the girls to try pork chops with saurkraut, one of my family's favorites! After hanging around the house all day being lazy, I went with the Sasaki-sans, Keiko, and Aki to a Japanese Christian concert. On the way there, Keiko and Aki were teaching me some Japanese words like nande (why), nani (what), cho (very, but only for younger girls. sorry guys), and Kimoy(?) (creepy) haha.
The concert was pretty good. It was a very famous Japanese woman who sang. She even sang a few songs I knew like Count Your Blessings and Because He Lives, mainly in Japanese. Though, on Because He Lives, she did sing one chorus in English. It wasn't really my style of music, but the lady had a very beautiful voice and I enjoyed myself alot. After she was done singing, a man got up and shared a message. I apologize because I didn't really catch the names of these people. Noburo Sasaki was kind enough to try and interpret everything for me.
If I understood right, Keiko gave the woman singer a cd with songs from her band to listen to. I hope that's right. Way 2 be, though, Keiko!
FRIDAY
Today was bible study again. We went over the last part of Exodus 12 and the first part of 13. We talked alot about covenants, since these passages were about the Passover and circumcision. After bible study, I went to my first Japanese class! Yata! Keiko took me to get signed up. It was funny cause as we were waiting, my purse felt like it was wet. I thought maybe I had left a water bottle in my bag and just forgot, so I investigated and pulled out a piece of ice. Laura had accidently dropped it in there when she was getting her drink together before I left. haha
They were nice enough to put me in a group with a girl who spoke pretty good English. Everyone in my class is from China. We learned about how to say you are going somewhere and names of certain things. I also learned how to say I want this/that please. I have a couple pages of homework to do before next week, but I liked class.

Prayers:
*Kei-san's aunt is still in a coma, but Kei is able to go see her for a night. That's a praise!
*Yuko's, another lady from bible study, mom has cataracks (?) in her eye and is going to get surgery done as soon as she finds an eye doctor she likes :D
*Enma Ichi starts THIS Sunday, so prayers for ECS to impact people and aquire new students
*PRAISE! We did get a new student this week!

5 comments:

  1. honestly, I dont know how any day for you could be "uneventful". You're in Japan! oh, you need to go to Mt. Midoriyami (spelling?) and try out for the women's ninja warrior. fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adding you to my linkage so you get more views! keep it up homeskillet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call it adventure day (and the number) Jounral Entry and date...or use sayings from Princess Bride! That would be fun and confuse others...your awesomeness and attractiveness
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas, daddio! haha
    Thanks for the add ferrero ferrero.
    And Mr. Alex, I don't think I will be able to go to Midoriyama. And I'm still looking pretty hard for one of those pokemon. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job girl on the blogging. It's been nice to check in and see how you're doing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete