Friday, July 17, 2009

Prep

Konnichiwa! Hello there.
Today I was in charge of getting lunch for Bible study. Laura needed to be with Josh at his school swim time, so she sent me ahead to buy baked goods at the Birdie store bakery. I was told to buy for 7 or 8 people. So I bought quite a bit of bread. 4 tuna loaves, 2 cheese buns, 2 ham pull-aparts, and a raisin loaf. Because I bought so much, the ladies at the bakery gave me a gift of samples. So I ended up with 2 butter rolls and a cresant plus two yogurt drinks! Wow!
We ended up with only 5 ladies for lunch, but we ate quite a bit of the food. haha
We had a new lady join us for Bible study. She is the mom of one of the 5 year old students, Yuto. And she brought her youngest (my guess is about 1 year old), Uri. Kawaii!!!!
We talked about the 12 spies going into Canaan. And yes, the whole time I was singing, "12 men went to spy on Canaan, 10 were bad and 2 were good!" in my head. :S

Afterwords, I went to Japanese class. I had intended to invite Dong, my Chinese friend, to English camp today. However, she was not there. The only other student was a guy named Michael, a life guard from Australia. I told him, since he is only in Japan for 5 weeks, that he came to class at the wrong time since there were only 2 classes left til summer break. Also, when he was introducing himself, I thought he said his name was Marco because he had such a thick accent. I honestly, though I felt really bad, couldn't understand some of the things he said and made him repeat himself. It actually took the teacher calling him Michael that I understood his name! haha. I helped him out with everything the best I could since I know more than he does. (not by much though).

After class, I got to walk in the rain back to ECS. It was nice, though. Unlike Nebraska rain, the rain here is quite warm and very enjoyable to walk in. I bought some drinks over at 7-11 and then enjoyed some soda and left over bread with Laura, Keiko, Rie Sasaki and her two boys. Then I helped Laura with her last class of the day, the 5 year olds Ayane and Masuto. They were learning the letter P and made paint pallettes for their alphabet book. Masuto beat me 3 times in Memory :'(.

Then I came right back to the house to watch the girls and Josh while Jerry went to ECS and Laura ran some essential Fuji related errands. Now, after cleaning my room a bit and finishing packing my hiking bag, I am waiting up for Jerry, and possibly even Laura who went to pick up Robin and Nathan from Sanjo.

Tomorrow morning, at about 5 am, we are shipping off to Mount Fuji! So....no blog for the next few days. But I hope to have awesome pictures when I get back! Please keep us in your prayers so we will come back safely and have a good time. GANBARO!

2 comments:

  1. For those of you wondering.... Yes, we are climbing to the TOP of Fuji...from the bottom. And Yes, we will be sleeping ON the mountain.

    ReplyDelete