Sunday, August 9, 2009

la sange su la branche

This will most likely be my last post in Japan.....I may keep blogging...maybe just for updates for those who don't see me everyday. Or to be used as an excuse for Laura to come feed my fish. :P

I realize that I didn't blog yesterday after the party.........
So about 3 on Saturday afternoon we had kids club over at ECS. There were maybe 4 or 5 new kids that I have never met along with their mamas. It was pretty cool. The story was the parable of the fish in the net. Laura and Keiko conjointly (is that a word?) read it and then the kids went fishing for these little plastic fish, turtles, and ducks in a fridge drawer that was cleaned and pulled upstairs. Then Laura and I tore apart a laundry bag and stapled its netlike fabric onto some blue paper for kids to put their colored paper fish in. It was pretty fun. Part of the laundry bag was just this white strip of fabric which i found fit perfectly around my head.

And now we know that hippies actually originated from people coming to Japan. It took my last few days and a simple makeshift headband to transform me into.......a hippie! I pulled out some bongos and raved about peace in a stoned kinda movie-stereotyped hippie way. I also transformed Keiko into a hippie. We planned to do a sit-in before one little girl stole Keiko's headband thus stripping her of her power.

After kids club I quickly ran (and by ran I mean walked....and not all that quickly) over to the birdie store to buy butter rolls and some Pringles for the ice cream party. Because it was so close to dinner time, we also had sandwiches and stuff.

Nobuko from Tuesday classes stopped by just to say hi! I was happy to see her.

After the party, I just hung around ECS with Aki and Keiko for a bit. One of the funny things was they were marveling at my gold arm hair. It made me giggle.



Today, we went to Kamo for church. After lunch, we filled up water balloons so the kids could have a water balloon fight. I didn't want to get wet because A) I didn't bring extra clothes and B) I am leaving tomorrow and didn't really need the hassle of trying to dry clothes before packing them. (We don't have a dryer).
So I sat back and watched as the kids threw balloons at Nathan.......and they weren't breaking and NO one was getting wet. So I HAD to join in. I doused Kei...soaked Becka....and got myself wet in the process. :S Currently, my clothes are hanging in front of a fan.....and hoping to be dry by tomorrow morning (maybe?)

So now....I'm chilling out.....after finishing packing my main bags (which I might have to pay extra because of all the stuff packed in). ^~^'. Hopefully it all gets back in one piece.

So I will soon be seeing some of you readers.....please pray for my flight and also please pray for Joshy's surgery next week (tonsils and adnoids) and that he stays healthy up until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment