Friday, August 7, 2009

If you can't say anything nice......

That's not really the reason for my lack of blog this week. It has been CRAZY between packing and *cough cough* last minute papers and such. And for some reason my body decided that it was very tired, so when I had free time I would zonk out for a nice, long, 2 or so hour nap. ^~^'

So this is going to be my week in a nutshell. So.....I believe that I blogged about Monday a little, So I will start w/Tuesday.

TUESDAY
Tuesday morning, while I was havin' my coffee I was being harassed by a pop up box on my computer. Everytime I tried to do something....POP UP BOX! Laura and Jerry told me I was losing my mind because I was threatening to file for a restraining order against this pop up box.

Unfortunately, Machiko was the only one in the ladies class today. I knew Tomomi wouldn't be there, but I didn't know about Nobuko. But we had a really nice chat, and Machiko told me that if I come back to visit, I could homestay at her house! That made me so happy! She is such a sweet lady, I'm going to miss her a ton.


WEDNESDAY
Laura and I went a bit early to ECS today so that we could run over to #1 Coffee!!! for a last internship/plans for the future kind of meeting. We talked about what I needed to get done still.....which is like another paper... and what I wanted to do after school. Then we headed back to ECS for Wednesday classes. I helped a bit for the first 2 classes while at the same time juggled catchin' up on my daily log because of camp.
Then, for the girls' class, I took them on a bearhunt. Laura needed to talk to preschool mothers about Joshy's surgery date (he's getting his tonsils out). So I took the girls on a bearhunt because they were learning the words 'in', 'on', and 'under'. So I had them crawl on some pillows, under a table, and then in a fabricated cave. Then we read "Going on a Bearhunt." I don't really know if they enjoyed it, but Laura thought it was a neat idea.
For the last class, Chisa joined us and we played "Speaker Friendly". It was a lot of fun. After class, keiko, Aki, Chisa and I hung out at ECS. We just chatted and stuff...it was way fun. I'm going to miss them alot. Hopefully we will be able to hang out Today after the ice cream party.

THURSDAY
I'll pass on this one....I didn't do much at all. Went to lunch w/Joshy and Laura. Walked around and then took a nice long nap. The end.

FRIDAY
So, for Friday, Laura and I left a bit early so I could mail my Fuji Stick back to the states. Amazingly enough, it would NOT fit in my luggage. haha. Then we bought lunch from the bakery. Because it was my last bible study, we got my favorite sweet roll for dessert. It tastes like it has honey butter. It's WAY good.
I was very pleasantly surprised that Machiko came to lunch and bible study. I think the main reason she came was to see me, but I'm glad she came for the study and I think she'll be coming back for it.
After the study (Deut. 8-9), Machiko helped me put on my yukata! She taught me how to put it on and how to fold it when I am done! It was fun wearing my yukata. I also, because Japanese class was on summer vacation, was able to stay for the English class and all of Mommy & me. I also helped with the preschool class. Then Keiko and I went to the sweets shop on the corner and bought some sweets to bring back with me. Keiko bought a Japanese pickled suika (watermelon). It was small, don't worry.....like baseball size. She had me try it. Interesting, to say the least.



SATURDAY
You will be getting another blog today, because Saturday is NOT over here. We just went grocery shopping this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment